Words are amazing, or at least they can be. Many have tried to describe the power of words far better than I could ever hope to. Here is a taste…
– “But words are things, and a small drop of ink, falling like dew, upon a thought, produces that which makes thousands, perhaps millions, think.” – Lord Byron
Then, there are those who believe maybe words aren’t the most powerful thing…
– “A picture is worth a thousand words” – Origin debatable
– “Actions speak louder than words” – Versions date all the way back to before the 1500’s but this specific wording is Abraham Lincoln
– “We have too many high-sounding words, and too few actions that correspond with them.” – Abigail Adams
Okay, hmmmm well I’m going to blow your mind. We here at Le Monkey House put words into action and in a visual format! That means we are covering a majority of the senses. You can see them, touch them, feel them.
Now all we need to do is to complete the human experience is…
– Add some audio (we do make song lyric posters, does that count?)
– Make them edible (we are trying, but we are no scientists so we have just consumed a frightening amount of paper products)
We couldn’t possibly take sides when it comes to choosing between Kipling and Lincoln. We agree that both words and actions are important, don’t you?
Since we both agree that both are important, lets both do our part. We are experts in typography so leave the words to us. You can do the action part, and that is to buy a poster and spread the goodness!